NTV Wands Inc.
Please click here for information on the name, address and representative of the corporation which operates personal information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Article 1 Application
2. Please read carefully the details of Policies to use the Services.
Article 2 Basic policy
NTV Wands Inc. (“Company”) has established the following Policies in accordance with JISQ15001 and other standards and laws and regulations as basic matters to be complied with by all members involved in the Company’s business with respect to the handling of personal information. The Company aims to implement the Policies to promote its IT business, the website building business, content distribution business, Internet advertising business, system solution business, and video distribution business.
Article 3 Purpose
Article 4 Definitions
Definitions of the terms in the Policies are based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (“Personal Information Protection Act”).
Article 1 Formulation of personal information protection management systems (PMS)
1. The Company complies with applicable laws and regulations related to handling of personal information, policies set forth by each government, and any other standards such as the Personal Information Protection Act of Japan, with respect to the handling of personal information. For that purpose the Company has formulated and will implement personal information protection management systems (“PMS”).
2. The Company strives to continuously improve operation of the PMS by conducting audits and reviews at least once a year. In addition to regular audits, the Company will respond promptly when any flaws are discovered.
Article 2 Protection and management system of personal information
1. The Company will appoint one Personal Information Protection Management Supervisor.
2. The supervisor of the departments will be the Personal Information Protection Manager, and the Company will protect personal information by appointing a person in charge for each business.
3. The Company will appoint an Education Supervisor and a Complaints Supervisor concerning personal information; the former is in charge of in-house education and training, and the latter is in charge of responding to complaints,
4. The Company will ensure that employees, including dispatched workers and seconded employees, comply with the PMSand promptly report any incidents or accidents.
Article 3 Acquisition and collection of personal information
The Company will obtain personal information by lawful and fair means after clarifying the purposes of use.
Article 4 Handling of personal information
1. The Company will obtain, use, provide, and otherwise handle personal information within the scope of the purposes of use and take measures to prevent handling of personal information beyond the purposes of use.
2. If the Company needs to use personal information beyond the purposes of use, the Company will obtain consent from the owner of such personal information, except where otherwise specifically prescribed in laws and regulations.
Article 5 Management and storage of personal information
1. The Company will strive to maintain and manage personal information in an accurate and up-to-date manner in accordance with the purposes of use.
2. The Company will take necessary measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and otherwise manage personal information in an appropriate manner. The main content of such measures are below:
(1) Formulation of basic policy: In order to ensure the appropriate management of personal information, the Company will formulate a bacic policy regarding “compliance with related laws and guidlines”, “contact information for questions and complaints”, etc.
(2) Establishment of rules for the management of personal information: For each stage of acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion/disposal, etc., the Company will formulate rules for the manegement of personal information, including manegement methods, responsible persons, persons in charge, and their duties.
(3) Organizational security control measures: In addition to appointing a person responsible for the management of personal information, the Company will clarify the employees who manage personal information and the scope of personal information handled by such employees, and establish a system for reporting to the person responsible in the event that a fact or indication of a violation of the law or rules for the manegement is detected. In addition, the Company will conduct periodic self-inspections of the status of the management of personal data, as well as audits by other departments or outside parties.
(4) Personnel security control measures: The Company will provide periodic training to employees on points to keep in mind regarding the management of personal information.
(5) Physical security control measures: In areas where personal information is handled, the Company will implement access control for employees and restrictions on equipment, etc. that they may bring in, as well as measures to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing personal information.
(6) Technical security control measures: The Company will implement access control to limit the scope of persons in charge and the personal information database, etc. In addition, the Company will implement a system to protect the information system managing personal information from unauthorized access from outside or unauthorized software.3. The Company will take sufficient measures when outsourcing the processing or management of personal information, such as selecting a party that satisfies the selection standards prescribed by the Company and executing confidentiality agreements and service agreements that prescribe management obligations equivalent to those of the Company.
Article 6 Responding to complaints, etc.
The Company shall respond to complaints related to the handling of personal information in an adequate and prompt manner. Complaints should be submitted to the contact information prescribed in Article 13 (Contact).
Article 7 Obtained information
When users use the Services and any incidental services, the Company will obtain all or part of the personal information of users prescribed below:
〇Information to be aquired upon use of Services
- ID and password set by the user
- Name (including Japanese characters to indicate pronunciation)
- Date of birth
- Area of residence
- Telephone number
- Electronic mail address
- Transaction number issued by payment service providers when users enter credit card information (tokens) * The Company and others does not obtain or store credit card information (number and name).
- IP address
- Usage situation and history on the Services (including Purchase history)
- Browsing history on the Services
- Nickname on the Website
- Discretionary comments on the Website
- Information related to inquiries and communications
〇Information to be aquired only upon use of OFFICIAL ONLINE STORE
Article 8 Purposes of use
1. The Company shall use personal information of users for the purposes below and shall not use beyond such purposes except when users otherwise consent individually or where otherwise specifically prescribed in laws and regulations:
- To provide the Services and to handle inquiries and investigations, etc. related to the Services
- To introduce and survey the products and the services provided by the Company and third parties authorized by the Company
- To identify users and to use authentication functions
- To advertise new products and services that match user’s interests and preferences by analyzing acquired information such as browsing history and purchase history
- To plan and provide products and services that provide more beneficial experience for users by analyzing information such as browsing history, purchase history, gender, age, and region
- To contact users regarding consent related to use of personal information
- To use payment services
- To deliver products and gifts
- For advertisements and marketing
- To send email magazines
- To send direct mails
- To send emails for interim registration and completion of member registration
- To send emails for password resetting
- To prevent and respond to unjust acts
- For communication and responding to inquiries after withdrawal from membership
- To prepare statistical information as anonymously processed information for use by the Company and to provide to third parties authorized by the Company
- To create statistical information as pseudonymised information and use it at the Company and jointly with third parties under contract with the Company
- To develop new services and products
- Other purposes specified individually when the Company obtains personal information
2. The Company shall not use personal information in a manner that could encourage or induce illegal or unjust acts.
Article 9 Provision of personal data to third parties
(1) Where provided in accordance with laws or regulations
(2) Where necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user
(3) Where especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and where it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user
(4) Where necessary to cooperate with a state organ, a local government, or any party entrusted by either a state organ or local government to execute affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and where obtaining the consent of the user is likely to impede the execution of those affairs
(5) Where the personal data is provided to business operators handling personal information to due to entrustment of all or a part of the handling of such personal data within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purposes of use
(6) Where personal data is provided in relation to succession of business due to a merger or any other reason
Article 10 Outsourcing of personal information processing
The Company may delegate all or a part of the handling of personal data to third parties. The Company will provide the personal data to service providers which operate the following services:
- Cloud service
- Access analysis service
- Payment processing service
- Email delivery service
- File transfer service
- Creation, operation, product management, shipping and other services for e-commerce sites
- End user inquiries response service
- Other service required to provide the Services
Article 11 Consequences of failing to provide personal information
If users do not provide personal information when registering for an ID for the Services or when the Company collects personal information for the purpose of provision of the Services, etc. (including responding to inquiries) or if the personal information provided by users is incomplete or false, users may not receive all or any part of services provided by the Company.
Article 12 Disclosure, Rectification, Etc., Suspension of Use, Etc., and Suspension of Provision to Third Parties of personal information
1. Users may request the Company to disclose the personal data of users held by the Company and records of provision to third parties.
2. Users may request the Company to carry out rectification, addition, or elimination of personal data of users held by the Company (“Rectification, Etc.”) if details of such personal data held by the Company are not correct.
3. Users may request the Company to suspend the use of, or delete personal data of users held by the Company (“Suspension of Use, Etc.”) if such personal data held by the Company falls under any of the items below:
(1) Where the personal data is handled in violation of the provisions of Article 8
(2) Where the personal data was acquired by deceit or other unjust means
(3) Where the personal data contains any special care-required personal information obtained without the prior consent of the owner except where otherwise specifically prescribed in laws and regulations
(4) Where the Company no longer needs to use the personal data
(5) Where the leakage, loss, or damage of personal data, or any other situation related to the security of personal data and prescribed in the rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission as having a significant risk of harming the rights and interests of individuals
(6) Other cases where there is a risk that the handling of identifiable personal data could harm users’ rights and lawful interests
4. Users may request the Company to suspend provision of personal data of users held by the Company to third parties (“Suspension of Provision to Third Parties”) if such personal data held by the Company falls under any of the items below:
(1) Where the personal data is provided to third parties without the prior consent of the owner except where otherwise specifically prescribed in laws and regulations
(2) Where the personal data is provided to third parties located abroad without the prior consent of the owner to the effect that the provision of the data to third parties located abroad is accepted, except where otherwise specifically prescribed in laws and regulations
(3) Where the data falls under Items 4 through 6 of the preceding paragraph
5. If the Company receives any request for disclosure, Rectification, Etc., Suspension of Use, Etc., or Suspension of Provision to Third Parties, the Company shall carry out such procedures with respect to the personal data related to such request without delay after confirming the identity of the person making the request, except where otherwise specifically prescribed in laws and regulations.
6. If users wish to request disclosure, Rectification, Etc., Suspension of Use, Etc., or Suspension of Provision to Third Parties of personal data of users held by the Company, please contact the Company’s personal information consultation desk . The Company will respond to users regarding the subsequent procedures.
Article 13 Contact
NTV Wands Personal information consultation desk
A Cookie is a small piece of text data stored on the device of users when users access web pages (including the Services).
Cookies may be issued and obtained by the Company or be issued and obtained by a third party affiliated with the Company; both Cookies are used for provision of services or improvement of websites.
Article 1 Acquisition of Cookie Information, Etc.
1. The Company may obtain information such as usage history or browsing history (“Cookie Information, Etc.”) obtained by Cookies (including similar technology) related to the Services (“Cookies, Etc.”).
2. When users use the Services, the Company stores Cookie Information, Etc. in users’ information equipment such as their PC and smartphone. This Cookie Information, Etc. is used to collect information related to the user’s conduct in the Services and memorizes the information of users. The Company shall manage Cookie Information, Etc. in an appropriate manner.
Article 2 Rejection of Cookies, Etc. and measures
1. Cookies, Etc. is set up by the Company or third parties that are affiliated with the Company, and users may reject Cookies, Etc. via settings in the browser of users. If users reject Cookies, Etc., information of users will not be tracked upon visits to the Website. The Cookie Information, Etc. to memorize the specification that the user does not wish information of the user to be tracked will be stored in the browser, however, the Company does not use these Cookies, Etc. Please note in advance that users may not receive all or a part of the services provided by the Company if users reject Cookie Information, Etc.
2. The measures to reject Cookies depends on the devices and browsers that users use. Please confirm details in the instructions of devices or browsers that users use.
Article 3 Purposes of use
The purposes of use of Cookie Information, Etc. in the Services are as follows:
- To provide the Services
- To improve the quality of the Services
- To obtain analyses and indicators by identifying and authenticating users who have accessed the Website and recording the number of visits
- To improve the Website and advertisements
- To improve and customize the browsing experience of users
Article 4 Acquiring entities
The acquiring entities of Cookie Information, Etc. of the Services are prescribed as follows:
- The Company
- Google Inc.
- Stripe, Inc.
- Twilio Inc.
Article 1 Handling at the timing of termination of the Services
If users quit the Services or the Company terminates the Services, the Company will dispose of the personal information and Cookie Information, Etc. by taking adequate security measures after storing the same for 6 months in principal, except where laws and regulations prescribes the storage period. Please note that the storage period may be extended in the cases prescribed below:
- Personal information at the time of inquiries and details of inquiries for the purposes of dealing with inquiries
- Cases where the disposition takes time because of specifications or policies of delegatee (including outside linking services) necessary to provide the Services
- Other cases where there is any inevitable reason such as system failure
Article 2 Amendment
1. The Company may amend the details of Policies.
2. When the Company amends the Policies, the Company shall notify users of the matters below in advance by publishing on the Website, delivering to the address based on the latest information registered by users, and sending to their email address, and by means that the Company judges adequate until the effective date of such amendment. Users agree that, if the Company sends any notice to such address or such email address, the notice from the Company is deemed to have arrived when the notice is delivered to such address or sent to such email address and when users are able to read such notice.
(1) that the Company will amend either or all of the Policies
(2) the details of the amended Policies
(3) the effective date
3. Notwithstanding the preceding provisions, users are deemed to, without users’ consent, have agreed to any and all details prescribed in the amended Policy (whatever the name it is; the same applies hereinafter) when users use the Services after the amendment of the Policies has become effective if the Company amended the Policies for the reasons prescribed below:
(1) if the amendment of the Policies suits users’ general rights
(2) If the amendment of the Policies is not contrary to the purposes for agreement and is reasonable in light of the necessity of the amendment, appropriateness of the details of the amendment, and other circumstances related to the amendment
4. If users do not agree with the amended Policies, users shall immediately suspend the use of the Services.
Date of establishment and enforcement
June 1st, 2022